Bioinformatics careers at Genevia technologies
We like to think that there's no better place for science savvy people to be than at the forefront of both research and product development.
How would you feel publishing ground-breaking science one day, and developing life-changing biotech products using that same science the next? We offer a unique viewpoint into everything that's happening in life sciences today, and endless opportunities to challenge yourself while working with leading global companies and research groups. Sounds cool, right? We certainly think so.
Open positions at Genevia Technologies
To support our growth, we are looking for bioinformatics professionals, especially with the profiles listed below. If you think you'd be an asset to us working on an area not mentioned below, please send us an open application.
We are on a mission to create the best place in the world in which to work on bioinformatics. For technology specialists we think this means that you will be working with, and developing, the best bioinformatics tools to use in infinitely varying projects and applications. For business development, management and technology sales professionals this means creating new ways of working in technology and exposing yourself daily to new research areas, companies and technologies.
For every team member, we offer an energetic team of colleagues with interdisciplinary backgrounds, a chance to tailor your job description to your liking, the possibility of traveling to meet our clients globally, participation into the decision-making process, a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and an office in a historic building on the main street of Tampere.
Bioinformatics specialist (MSc)
We are looking for a bioinformatics specialist to join the Genevia Technologies team for an EU funded project.
The successful applicant will be working as a part of our bioinformatics production team in various NGS data analysis tasks. As a small company we are able to offer you a great deal of flexibility and influence on your work. We strive to foster development of your skills and your professional growth to the direction that you choose!
Your responsibilities include:
- Integrating new analysis tools into our existing data analysis workflows
- Analyzing a wide variety of omics data
- Documenting the used analysis workflows
- Visualizing and reporting the results to our senior staff
What we offer:
- Learning commercially relevant genomics and bioinformatics technologies
- Gaining broad domain knowledge in biotechnology and life sciences generally
- Experience in commercial research and product development processes
- Working in a close collaboration with senior bioinformatics professionals
- Career advancement options to senior bioinformatics positions
- Flexible working hours
- Office in city center (Tampere, Finland)
- Competitive salary according to the EU funding scheme for early stage researchers (ESR), more information here
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computer science or related field
- Programming experience with bash, R, and Python
- Experience in preparing scientific publications
- N.B. This project is funded by the EU and the funding instrument does not allow applicants with a PhD degree, or recent employment history in Finland (max 12 months in Finland within last 3 years)
Want to work with us, but didn't see your dream job in the profiles? Please send us an open application where you describe how you would produce value for our clients!