Bioinformatics careers at Genevia technologies
We like to think that there's no better place for science savvy people to be than at the forefront of both research and product development.
How would you feel publishing ground-breaking science one day, and developing life-changing biotech products using that same science the next? We offer a unique viewpoint into everything that's happening in life sciences today, and endless opportunities to challenge yourself while working with leading global companies and research groups. Sounds cool, right? We certainly think so.
Open positions at Genevia Technologies
To support our growth, we are looking for bioinformatics professionals, especially with the profiles listed below. If you think you'd be an asset to us working on an area not mentioned below, please send us an open application.
We are on a mission to create the best place in the world in which to work on bioinformatics. For technology specialists we think this means that you will be working with, and developing, the best bioinformatics tools to use in infinitely varying projects and applications. For business development, management and technology sales professionals this means creating new ways of working in technology and exposing yourself daily to new research areas, companies and technologies.
For every team member, we offer an energetic team of colleagues with interdisciplinary backgrounds, a chance to tailor your job description to your liking, the possibility of traveling to meet our clients globally, participation into the decision-making process, a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and an office in a historic building on the main street of Tampere.
Become a lead bioinformatician within our technology team. You will be driving our internal omics pipeline development, using your long-standing technical experience to support our clients in highly challenging technical tasks, and supporting junior bioinformaticians with customer projects. Your core expertise is technology development covering all omics data (incl. genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics and metabolomics) individually and integratively in diverse applications ranging from biomedicine, cell biology and medical technology. Within this position, you will have a great deal of influence in how you position your abilities to best support our technology development and our client projects, ranging from fully internal R&D to working with our clients' technology teams directly.
What makes you a strong candidate:
- PhD in bioinformatics or in a relevant field with an extensive experience in technology development and analyzing a wide variety of omics data
- Strong publication record in bioinformatics, cancer genomics, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology or plant biology
- Experience in design, development and integration of novel omics data analysis algorithms into validated production-level analysis pipelines
- Managing and supporting a technology team in life science industry or academia incl. innovation management, setting quality standards and deadlines
- Previous work experience in providing bioinformatics services in either industry or a genomics/bioinformatics core laboratory
- Practical software development experience, and knowledge of project management methods such as Agile and Scrum
- Ability to communicate technical details and scientific results to our customers in English
Key benefits in this position:
- Position in the forefront of bioinformatics technology and life science research
- Experience in managing bioinformatics projects, commercial research services and product development processes
- Chance to develop your skill set in commercially relevant bioinformatics, data science and software technologies
- Ability to concentrate on demanding technical tasks and delegating non-challenging tasks
- Autonomous and comprehensive responsibilities in driving internal and customer projects
- Possibility to participate in the company’s decision-making process regarding technology
Please, also include motivation letter and an example of code you have developed as separate email attachments to speed up the review process.
Deadline of the application period is on 18th of November.
Want to work with us, but didn't see your dream job in the profiles? Please send us an open application where you describe how you would produce value for our clients!
Story & management
Genevia Technologies is Finnish bioinformatics contract research organization dedicated to offering the best bioinformatics as a service.
Bioinformatics as a Service
Get your bioinformatics done fast and in cost efficient way by letting professionals to do your bioinformatics as a service!
Take the next step in your bioinformatics career and become a part of the Genevia Technologies team
Bioinformatics lab & team
Top performing bioinformatics lab is mix of hardware, software and bioinformatics experts using them